Monday, April 25, 2011

Blessed BE

This was a weekend of celebration. Started on Friday morning... the little girl I am still watching (until the end of May now), and my son had a "mini" egg hunt at my house. It was so cute... she likes to whine a lot, and was upset b/c she couldn't find any eggs. So, my awesome son would find eggs and call her over and give them to her. Is that not the nicest thing!?! I was so proud of him. Here are a few pics.

This is very sweet, it was right before a down pour, so we had to hurry... but they had so much fun. They kept asking if they could start now... but I had to snap a few pics first.

My son is so proud of himself... we had to make a deal with them, they could each find 10 eggs. This way, they worked on counting, and keeping track, and this way, it was fair for each of them. Though, I think they both ended up with tons of candy.












Afterwards, they each wanted to sit in laundry baskets and eat their candy. I have no clue why kids love baskets so much, but it kept the mess in one area. And chocolate is easy to clean off from them! LOL









It has been almost 8 years since we have been able to attend any kind of holiday besides for Christmas and some Thanksgiving celebrations. This year, we decided that we are too close to not make it home for Easter.
Woke up on Saturday morning and took my son to a big Easter Egg hunt. It was cold, but the kids barely noticed... as they were too excited to see all the candy!
He was scared of the bunny, and wouldn't let go of my hand, but really wanted to get her candy!



 After a long day of hunting, it was time to settle down for some delicious treats. We ended up hiding the eggs twice at home, b/c he wanted to keep finding them. So funny watching him run around like a crazy kid!
Overall, it was a wonderful day. Grammy took him to sunday school, and we were able to have a nice big meal with the family. And created lots more memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment